Sunday, July 3, 2011

My "Go To" Karaoke Song

I can't imagine going to Japan and not taking part on occasion in a Karaoke session of some kind.  I can vividly remember my very first, in the basement of the Shinagawa Prince hotel in 1999.  To be honest, I was a bit nervous about doing it (that is an understatement actually).  I had never sang in front of anyone before, but I will admit I do like to sing on occassion to music when I am driving in my car (alone!).  And living in L.A., I do get to drive a car - A LOT!!!!

While not being at first an admitted lover of Karaoke, through the years and many trips to Japan I have grown quite fond of it.  I have learned how it can be a great time for a group of people.  It certainly doesn't hurt to lubricate your vocal chords either, as you will likely end up straining them if you stay long enough.  I have found that typically each person has one or two "go to" Karaoke songs that they will invariably sing at any session they go to.  It helps if you have one or two songs that you can sing halfway decent.  My favorite "go to" song is "Betterman" by Pearl Jam.  I have sang it quite a bit in Japan, and I never get tired of it.  Here is Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam singing it live in concert.  Judging from the audience participation, I am not the only one who likes to sing it!

That is such a great song!!!  So you must have your own personal favorite too?  Please tell me what it is.  I will punch it into the machine for you.
 
What is your "go to" Karaoke song???  Go ahead, sing it for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment