Thursday, July 28, 2011

Phase Bar - Aoyama

One night after a nearby dinner just off the Omotesando in Aoyama, I was walking through the neighborhoods in search of some cool places to go when I stumbled upon the Phase Restaurant/Bar.  I was drawn in by it's modernistic, bunker style cement block architecture, and segmented business structure.  On the first floor (Phase) there was a clean and stylistic bar.  On the second Phase was a relatively small restaurant.  On the third Phase there was a small room that served as either a place to consume your bar drinks, or your restaurant fare.  We had a drink or two on the top floor, which has an open skylight ceiling that I imagined in the summer time might be quite fantastic.  I vowed to come back, the next time with a larger party.  I fulfilled my promise.  While I did not get any good outside daytime pictures of this place, thanks to the beauty of Google Maps, here it is!  Technically speaking it is in Kita-Aoyama.
We had a couple of nice party's on their third floor space.  In fact, we took it over one night and had it all to ourselves.  It was a wonderful time.  I cannot seem to find any mention of this place on the internet, and wonder if it is still in business.  It is another place that I would really like to return to one of these days.  For now though, it is just a great memory, and a reminder that there are thousands of cool places like this that are hidden all over Tokyo.
The party that this picture is from took place in 2005.  I love it when everyone is seen laughing.  A very good time that night indeed.  Do you remember it?
Spending a fun Friday night in Tokyo with good friends at cool places in one of my favorite things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment