Friday, October 7, 2011

Nov. 2010 Japan Trip - Post #9: Dinner in Tagajo

After visiting the Chuson-ji Temple (which has now received the coveted UNESCO World Heritage Site designation), we drove back down south to Tagajo to meet up with some additional friends for a group dinner.  Before we hit the round though, we stopped in one of the only open places outside of the Temple for some refreshments.  The walk around the grounds had built up a thirst in all of us!

I am not sure of the name of the restaurant in Tagajo, but it was a nice, modern style Izakaya type place.  Upon arrival Mary and I had a chance to meet my good friend Sam's wife and son which was very cool.  The decor of the restaurant was quite nice, and the company was of course fantastic.  Having two of my previous co-workers there (Henry and Miyazaki-san) along with my other close friends was quite special.  That they had all given up their Sunday nights to do this with Mary and me made it even more so.
We enjoyed many nice dishes, and everyone made us feel so welcome and happy.  At the end, one of these friends (and I am so embarrassed to say I forgot who - was it Tak, or Henry, or Tom?) brought in a nice cake for dessert that we all shared.
This was a great way to spend our first night in Miyagi.  When dinner was over, we took the following group picture outside.  Then, after transferring our luggage over to Tom's car he gave us a ride to our hotel in Matsushima where we checked in.  Thanks again to everyone who joined us at this wonderful dinner.
As a final note, can any of my friends tell me the fate of this restaurant after the March 11th earthquake and tsunami?  I hope they came out ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment