Saturday, June 18, 2011

Great Dinners in Japan: Ichi-Ryu Yatai-Mura

I have had many a great dinner at the Ichi-Ryu Yatai-Mura in Kita-Shinagawa.  It is one of my favorite places to relax with friends in Japan.  Many of the meals I have had there actually stick out in my mind.  However there was one in particular that is tops.  Why was it tops?  Well for one, it was the largest group I have been a part of at this restaurant.  All co-workers, from Japan and the U.S.  Another reason is we sat out on the patio.  The weather was nice (it was in June of 2003), and I believe the inside of the place was full.  No problem, as the Yatai-Mura staff set us up on their deck.
It was really quite an amazing group, many who were making it to this place for the very first time.
It will never be repeated, as unfortunately a number of our senior members have retired from the company.  But for that one night, on a patio on an inlet of Tokyo Bay, it was magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment