Friday, March 2, 2012

April 1966: Rita Clark Trip - Epilogue

Well I hope you enjoyed a very brief glimpse into the life of my Great Aunt Rita Clark.  If any of you are so inclined, I would be most appreciative if you could drop me a mail with any comments you might have.  I hope I have conveyed to you the extent of these great books in my possession.  You are just seeing a very small 10 day look into the massive content.  It is quite impressive.  Here are the remaining pages that Rita entered regarding the trip to Japan.
She also wrote a lot of trivial information about various things.  Most were specific about the countries she visited. I am not sure where she gathered a lot of this information.  Perhaps it was encyclopedias, or books she read on the various counties she visited.  Some of the entries read like school textbooks!  Here is another page from Japan from which I took the top picture and added it to my previous post.
Well I can safely say based on my experience that Aunt Rita had a wonderful visit to Japan.  She saw many of the best sites, and stayed in some nice places.  Japan in the mid 1960's was obviously quite different from today.  Just one relatively new Shinkansen line, an exchange rate of 360 yen to the dollar, and Eisaku Sato was the Prime Minister.
I say sayonara to this set of entries to my Blog, and thank you Aunt Rita, for your wonderful contributions!

No comments:

Post a Comment