Saturday, May 14, 2011

Nov. 2010 Trip - Post #2: "Arrival and Day 1"

It was with great anticipation that I ventured out to Narita to pick up my wife from her inbound flight from Los Angeles.
After a safe trip over, we went back to our Shinagawa Hotel for an early evening.  The next day while I worked, my wife was lucky to be in the very capable hands of my friends Kayo and Momo who took her to dinner.  They made an excellent choice to ease her into the world of Japanese cuisine - the T.Y. Harbor Brewery on Tennoz Isle.  This "gastropub" is a very nice restaurant and microbrewery located on one of the inlets of Tokyo Bay.  It can be seen here, in a very early photo I took in December of 2001.
On this night, Momo and Kayo made my wife feel very welcome to Japan, and they enjoyed a nice dinner together, along with one or two of the house beers.
After dinner, we joined up for a game of bowling in the infamous Shinagawa Prince Lanes.  While the bowling was not the best, the company certainly was and we enjoyed it immensely.
To cap off the night, we had a drink at the top of the Shinagawa Prince Hotel.  All in all a very good first day for this very special trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment